Pretzels - BUYER BEWARE: PRETZEL PETE GOUMET PRETZEL NUGGETS - CAUSED FOOD POISONING
I purchased a box of Pretzel Pete Sour Cream & Habanero seasoned pretzels from "Tuesday Morning". Upon opening, I noticed the outside of the pretzels had a green color - thinking it was the spices, i ate several (about 5-6). The next day i began to feel listless - with constant intestinal distress and a temperature. I consulted with a doctor, who stated he believed I had food poisoning as a result of ingesting this product, the symptoms lasting 3 days. The package contents include "sour cream powder", which upon examination evidently turned rancid. The illness was reported to the company as well as the county health department. By the time a health inspector arrived at the retail store, she was told that they had "sold out of all Pretzel Pete products". In other words, they had been notified by "Pretzel Pete", to remove and destroy the products. I was offered a "refund" or "replacement" of the product by the SB Global CEO (t/a "Pretzel Pete" . Considering the 3 days of pain and suffering experienced as a direct result of ingesting their product, I refused his paltry "offer". He turned the matter over to their insurance carrier, Nationwide Insurance Company, who promptly denied any wrong doing and refused to pay the claim. The "Pretzel Pete" company AND their insurance company were offered the product to test -- of note, both refused to test their product.
BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE - DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS PRODUCT -
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- rancid product caused food poisoning
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gourmet Pretzel Nuggest
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband was drinking a monster and noticed a weird taste. After drinking about 1/2 he decided to pour it into a glass and found bugs (alive) swimming in..."
- "I bought a jar of Tostitos Cheese dip and not only did it have mold in it, it had something resembling a large insect larva. The larva looked as though it..."
- "ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! BE AWARE CITIZENS OF USA DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE|. THEY ARE SCAMS. Lee Sakol, Dee brown and Al Devivo..."
- "I normally take my Bella to a privately owned groomer in Silver Spring, MD. However they were extremely busy, plus they charge $75 for any size dog. Bella really needed..."
- "I ordered a beautiful upholstered bed from Wayfair and it was great until I kept waking up to bites on my arms. I thought I might have been allergic to..."
- "I reviewed on here last year after I closed(March 2015)... but I feel this organization is easily worth writing another review for. First I will start with the numbers of..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."